Breaking News
  • February 1AMI Days Left: 1
  • February 1New Policy Plan Discussed at Most Recent Board Meeting: Academies on Table, Timeline Planned
  • February 1Auditions Held for JHS Theater Production of Xanadu
  • February 1Don't Forget: 1/2 Day on Valentine's Day
  • February 1In-School Varsity Boys Game Moved to Later in Day
The Student News Site of Joplin High School

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

Eras Tour Moves from Stadiums to the Big Screen

On Thursday, August 31, AMC movie theaters alongside Taylor Swift announced The Eras Tour Film. The movie made over $26 million dollars in the first day of sales. This broke the record for the most tickets sold on the first day, surpassing Spiderman No Way Home, which made $16.9 million dollars on the first day of sales in 2021. This movie is especially great for those who didn’t get the chance to experience The Eras Tour live in person this past summer, as the film will be Taylor’s full 3-hour performance, minus the outfit changes narrowing the movie down to 2 hours and 45 minutes. Swift said in her most recent Instagram post, “Eras attire, friendship bracelets, singing and dancing encouraged.” 

AMC theaters even have an exclusive popcorn bucket and reusable cup for fans who come watch the show. Tickets for the movie were priced at $19.89 for adults and $13.13 for children and seniors. This pricing was a very clever tease at Swift’s birth year and first pop album titled 1989, as well as Swift’s lucky number, 13. The film will be in all U.S. AMC theaters, starting October 13.

Donate to SpyGlass

Your donation will support the student journalists of Joplin High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.