Breaking News
  • February 1AMI Days Left: 1
  • February 1New Policy Plan Discussed at Most Recent Board Meeting: Academies on Table, Timeline Planned
  • February 1Auditions Held for JHS Theater Production of Xanadu
  • February 1Don't Forget: 1/2 Day on Valentine's Day
  • February 1In-School Varsity Boys Game Moved to Later in Day
The Student News Site of Joplin High School

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

Mission Accomplished: Joplin Schools Ends First Quarter

The Quarter has ended. This year has indeed flown by fast to some, but even quicker to others. On Friday, October 13th, 2023, Joplin High School officially passed the first quarter mark and the start of the second quarter. It went by very quickly, and it was quite a surprise. Many say it only felt like it has been only two weeks. So in all reality, school has gone by quick, REALLY quick. But in this quarter, there have already been so many memories for others that have stuck with them.

There are so many events that have already taken place within this very chaotic first quarter, and when I say chaotic I mean that in a great way. The events that were hosted were amazing, and something to never forget whenever they move to the next year. Even for me, some things that I did last year have still stuck with me. Especially all the dances, food truck Friday, and more and more events that I have attended have been good memories. Even after one quarter, many memories have already been made, and yet, there is still more to come.

Hearing that the first quarter was ending shocked everyone including myself. Everyone has been shocked, happy, and surprised, some even a little frightened. Better get those assignments in there and done by the deadline. But many have said that they are excited for the quarter to be ending so soon and it has felt like that it has gone by very quickly. Everyone has done very well already and the teachers too. But per usual, this is just the beginning, and it’s going to get better from here.

Donate to SpyGlass

Your donation will support the student journalists of Joplin High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.