Breaking News
  • February 1AMI Days Left: 1
  • February 1New Policy Plan Discussed at Most Recent Board Meeting: Academies on Table, Timeline Planned
  • February 1Auditions Held for JHS Theater Production of Xanadu
  • February 1Don't Forget: 1/2 Day on Valentine's Day
  • February 1In-School Varsity Boys Game Moved to Later in Day
The Student News Site of Joplin High School

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

SpyGlass

JHS Students Debate Halloween Traditions

https://pixy.org/538995/
Halloween pumpkin and bats Clip Art (Vector cliparts) goblins bats,halloween chili feed,clip art

Halloween is just around the corner, and I decided to do something fun and post a poll asking a few questions about Halloween. 

One of the big questions was “If you’re going to a place with actors who dress up to scare you for entertainment what would you call that?” The options I gave them were spook house and haunted house. 53.2% of students answered spook house the other 46.8% chose haunted house.

Then I asked if Halloween should be celebrated the way it is now or even at all. More than the majority of the responses were yes because Halloween is fun the way it is!” There were a few who said Halloween shouldn’t be celebrated but overall they agree Halloween should be celebrated.

For my next question I asked when the appropriate age would be to stop trick or treating, 55.6% of students said never, 21.4% said ages 16-18, 14.9% say 13-15, and 8.1% say ages 10-12. One of the fun questions I asked students was what their favorite Halloween/ scary movie was because I love scary movies, and I got a lot of Scream, Halloween, IT, The Conjuring, The Nun, Friday the 13th, and a few Chucky responses, too. There were many more, but those were the majority. The last question I had students answer was what’s their favorite holiday Overall, there were a lot of Christmas and Halloween answers, but 4th of July had a good amount as well even a couple birthdays and Thanksgivings. 

I would say overall Halloween is a very popular holiday and is loved by many people, myself included.

Donate to SpyGlass

Your donation will support the student journalists of Joplin High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.